Many women and men struggling with an overactive bladder who come to Revitalize Your Health for a complimentary initial assessment have been living with the problem so long they don’t realize the many ways it’s impacting their life. Once they begin treatment, they quickly realize how many of their daily life decisions are driven by the constant need to have a bathroom nearby. If you’ve started to feel like the need to hit the bathroom is beginning to rule too much of your life, take a few moments to reflect on whether the following statements apply to you.
How Many Of The Following Statements Are True For You?
- If I actually kept track of how many times I go to the bathroom over the day, I think it would be at least 8.
- I regularly get up at least once in the night to go to the bathroom.
- I often feel like I have to go to the bathroom, but when I try to, hardly anything comes out.
- I find myself rushing to get to the bathroom, and sometimes, before I can get to the toilet, I’ve already started to urinate a little bit.
- I know I should drink more water but limit my intake, especially if I’m going to be somewhere without easy access to a bathroom.
- Before I leave the house, I make myself try to go to the bathroom even if I don’t really feel like I need to because I’m worried I may have to go and not have access to a bathroom.
If any of these statements feel like they’re true for you, you could be suffering from an overactive bladder. An overactive bladder can occur in both men and women for several reasons, including changes to your body that occur during aging and after childbirth and lifestyle habits like food and drink choices
As part of your initial, complimentary assessment appointment, Revitalize Your Health’s Certified Continence Advisor will thoroughly review your medical background and lifestyle to determine if you are suffering from an overactive bladder. If so, you’ll leave with a list of simple lifestyle changes that you can implement immediately to see if they make a difference. Should those changes not get the desired result, strengthening your pelvic floor muscles with a series of sessions on our Emsella Chair may be another option for you.
The Emsella Chair uses a special technology known as High Intensity Focused Electro-Magnetic Energy to target your pelvic floor muscles, stimulating almost 12,000 deep muscle contractions in just 28 minutes. These contractions, which are much stronger than what you can produce doing Kegel exercises on your own, quickly strengthen your pelvic floor muscles to support your bladder better. As the bladder becomes better supported by the muscles around it, overactive bladder symptoms begin to improve. Many Emsella Chair users report noticing a reduction in bathroom frequency after just one or two sessions.
If you’re wondering if you may be suffering from an overactive bladder, consider booking a complimentary consultation with our Certified Continence Advisor to learn more about the options available at Revitalize Your Health to strengthen pelvic floor muscles. To read a testimonial from Revitalize Your Health client who recently tried the Emsella Chair to address issues related to her overactive bladder, click here.